A chronicle of my attempt at writing, recording, and performing music.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Summer...it turns me upside down...

So, moments before pulling the trigger on buying a new digital camera from Amazon, my wife takes a close look at the one I dropped and finds some plastic shavings blocking the mechanism to open the lens. After scraping them out, the camera works fine. Go figure.

And it's a good thing, since recently we had to buy a new pool for the kids since a family of squirrels decided to chew through the old one in the shed over the winter. Only one unexpected expense at a time for now.

I did manage to find time to go to First Ave and check out Ted Leo And The Pharmacists. This was a feat, considering 12 hour days and weekends are now getting to be pretty much mandatory at work. Hey, the money is good, but I'm gonna totally miss out on summer here.

But I have things to look forward to. A BBQ next weekend, Bob Mould at the Taste Of Minnesota over the 4th of July, a family trip to the Dells, and the yearly softball extravaganza in northern Wisconsin. Looks like I'm gonna cram my whole summer into the space of 2 weeks.

Which leaves me with almost no time to pick up a guitar. Except a brief session learning to play Ted Leo's Where Have All The Rude Boys Gone and Dolorean's To Destruction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home