A chronicle of my attempt at writing, recording, and performing music.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Pacing in my cage

I'm setting aside Wild & Lethal for a bit to try to work on new stuff. I get a few hours of time, plug in the strat, and hit the record.

I start coming up with a couple of chord changes. They fall in together nicely. I find a tempo and a drum track and lay it down. I listen. It's been done before. I grumble. I play Guild Wars.

I won't bother you with that one, it just pisses me off I didn't hear it right away. But I will post my original idea for the Westerberg cover project. It's a song from Folker called Gun Shy. It was sounding good, but I can't sing it the way I hear it in my head, so in the bin it goes. Besides, it's a fairly straight cover, I'm definitely not adding anything to the song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home