A chronicle of my attempt at writing, recording, and performing music.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Hurry up, ain't ya had enough of that stuff

So the Replacements became a big deal to me. Not just that I listened to them alot, but also because now I felt compelled to make my own music. I played in bands on and off, nothing noteworthy, but all fun. I bought a Yamaha 4-track cassette recorder and started writing songs, again nothing noteworthy, nothing I even thought to keep a copy of.

And then a new obession took hold. Going to shows. I started off seeing a few bigtime arena shows, but mainly hanging out in local bars seeing local bands. Then it escalated into going to the biggest shows possible. I went to Monsters Of Rock with Metallica and Van Halen, went to The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan....and multiple Grateful Dead shows.

During this time, I also managed to find time to get married, buy a house, and have 2 kids. Making music slipped to very low on the priority list. Sure, I still found time to play around the house, and the ocassional sit-in with a friends band, but not time to be really serious about it.

And that brings us up to date (phew)....and the reason I'm getting serious about it now.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home