A chronicle of my attempt at writing, recording, and performing music.

Friday, May 06, 2005

But The Words Came Out Too Wrong

Yet another stab at mixing Wild & Lethal. I'm tempted to also re-re-re-record the vocal, but I'm wondering if there is any turd left after so much polishing.

I had some good feedback to the previous mix, and I tried to incorporate some suggestions into this one. The vocals are higher in the mix, I cut out some noise and aimless yelping, tweaked the stereo image on the guitar tracks, and cut down on the amount of reverb overall.

And I like it. For now.

3 Comments:

Blogger I.M. Kulardenu said...

Not bad dude! I'm a major PW fan too just seen him in Detroit.

I have a Tokai Fender copy that looks just like your Strat. Best I could afford sounds pretty cool too.

Do you have to pay for tripod tohost audio? I'd like to try a few cover tunes too!

Stay cool...

12:43 PM

 
Blogger Wolfdog said...

thanks man. the only restrictions on tripod hosting is files have to be linked from a tripod page (hence the audio page) Icant directly link the files from here. It's 20mb of space, but you have to put up with ads.

I've listened to the Detroit show, sounds great!

1:58 PM

 
Blogger I.M. Kulardenu said...

Wow you have a link to hear the Detroit show online?

I have some weird original music to on my web site http://www.kulardenu.com

I deep link to http://www.ic-musicmedia.com they will host and allow deep linking free. I usually stream from this online free host Soundclick. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/kulardenu.htm

They have better record keeping of how many plays you get.

The only bummer is no covers without a license from Harry Fox Agency. I just want to put up stuff for shits & giggles not to sell anything. It's a lot of fun.

PW songs I'm trying out are:
The Ledge
I'll be You
Mr. Rabbit
As far as I know
Love untold
Crackle & Drag alt version
Skyway

I also do a pretty mean version of Midnight Oils Beds are Burning.

5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home